Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Children

my children:
my children may not be the most well behaved, they may not have the best sense of restraining themselves... i discipline my kids, but i do not hinder my kids in being who they truly are.
They are outspoken,
opinionated,
hyper,
comical,
serious,
dramatic,
inquisitive,
and on occasion,
they have been known to be uncontrollable.
.... BUT.. i let my children be who they are, and give them all the space in the world to develop their OWN personalities.
They are also wonderful,
caring,
sensitive,
loving,
compassionate,
sweet,
giving,
understanding,
fun loving,
outgoing,
and SUPER FANTASTIC.
I accept them for who they are unconditionally.. good bad and indifferent. My children are allowed to speak their opinion, and they are allowed to ask questions. They are not allowed to be outright rude or discourteous to ANYONE at any time. I teach my children manners and etiquette....
I teach them to understand both sides of a situation, but all four of them KNOW how to defend themselves if the situation calls for it.
I love my kids.... and they know it.. they trust me and know they can come to me with anything and we will discuss it... Motherhood is not something that we know when we have children, but something that we continue to learn every single day. We are never finished growing as parents. Don't blink or they will be grown...as mine are almost grown and i wonder where all that time went. Don't close your mind or your heart to who your children try to be, that will only make them resent you, it will only make them be who they are without telling you... and i think that is one of a mother's worst fears... is raising her kids and then realizing she doesn't know who they truly are. This post is dedicated to all my mommy friends... and to my children...... who are my everything and make every day worth waking up to... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment